Wednesday 24 March 2010

About me

Like lots of people, I like to read. I guess that's as good a start as any into the world of the blog. More (or less) specifically I like to read everything. I read what friends recommend, what strangers recommend through the meduim of random blogs and the acquired art of peering over shoulders on trains and buses. I always find it a bit astonishing how quickly you can judge someone just by the book they are reading. She's probably buying Raymond Carver for a friend but you'll still fall in love with her until she walks off the platform and out of your life forever. When she returns the next day engrossed in Katie Price's latest effort you'll wonder where it all went wrong.

Of course I'm being a massive, massive hypocrite, trashy novels are good fun at the best of times and if you enjoy them, brilliant, that's why there are so many books out there. There really is something for everyone!

I'm studying an MA in Publishing at a London University so while I'm a newbie in terms of experience, in the insular world of the publishing house I have picked up on a few things worthy of comment, which I will duely do. I also like to write occassionly (many students seem to do the course because they are writers interested in the process, and are aware of the commerical realities of an MA).

On this little patch of internet I'll stick close to book reviews. I say book reviews, I'll basically write why I liked/didn't like said book, which could be anything everything, old and new. I'll also ramble about all kinds of book related issues, and maybe even drop in a short story or poem now and then... you have been warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment